Aug 13, 2020
A Lot of you who listen to the show on a weekly basis are aspiring thought leaders in your desired field or new battleground, am I right? During these times we all have had to pivot and “adapt and overcome” as us United States Marines would say in such a way that has us feel like we are still making an impact and progressing towards our next missions. My question to you is.. What would it be like if you could use a simple framework that you have already used in the military to think your way through winning this battle we call Covid-19 and come out with the tools and support needed to lead like a military General.
Impactful moments of the show:
1. Bridging the gap between rounds down range & rounds in personal life post-military.
2. Story about a 4-day cross country trip after transitioning out of the Corps in 2012 and how complete immersion into leveraging the "veteran-status" for forward progress accelerated his learning curve in the civilian sector.
3. How you can't undo being who you are as a "veteran"
4. The 5 IED's we all deal with mentally and emotionally after the military and the one solution that keeps us moving forward in the right direction.
5. Impactful story of jumping right into a "shitty situation" but coming out with practical knowledge and wisdom that Micheal would leverage for years to come!
6. Michael's light bulb moment and inception of 5Paragraph.
One Resource he recommended that contributed to his success: Zero to One by Peter Thiel
7. Break Down of the 5 Paragraph format and how you can implement in your life immediately.
Michael J. Penney's Three Golden Grenades:
1) Process- number one thing- planning process- annual retreat- hair on fire! Fragement orders - immediate action plans- get you through the process- take look at the situation!
2) Nouns- the right people, the right places, with the right things- any success or mission
3) Delegate- set up observations- finger on the pulse- eyes, ears, better tailor the plan and action.
Here is how to connect with Michael and discover more about what he is doing to empower you as an Ambitious VET to accomplish mission success:
Show Sponsor: Learn more about Combat Flip Flops and explore their inventory of footwear, accessories, and apparel here: https://bit.ly/CFFAMVPodcast
Use Coupon Code: "AMVNetwork" at check out to receive 25% off.
Commercial: Ready to create relevance during uncertain times through deeper human connection? Check out Scott's upcoming 3-day LIVE virtual experience on October 2-4th, 2020 here.
Enter promo code: ambitious to recieve your 10% military discount.
Have feedback on the show? Feel free to provide it here along with any potential affiliate or corporate partnership inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org